Polly lives in Oregon with her husband, two awesome kids, a cat and some betta fish. She has a Bachelor’s of Science Degree in Nursing. She is an active member of the Society of Children’s Book Writers and Illustrators and the 12x12 Picture Book Writing Challenge.
Polly writes stories with humor and heart about friendship and belonging, and being kind to yourself and one another.
When Polly’s not cheering for her kids at sporting events, she can be found reading by the fire and writing new stories for children.
12 x 12
Tidbits about me...
- I’ve done a freefall twice while parasailing, but I would NEVER bungee jump. That would be too scary!
- I love cats. They’re my spirit animal. Meow!
- Our family bought an RV five years ago and it’s made camping year-round dreamy.
- I love shows about remodeling houses on HGTV.
- Tulips and Dahlias are my favorite flowers.
- My favorite picture book as a child was WE WERE TIRED OF LIVING IN A HOUSE circa 1969.
- I love reading and writing books. So fun being a storyteller.
- I cried while reading IDA, ALWAYS. Such a sad, yet powerful picture book.
- I laughed out loud while reading A UNICORN NAMED SPARKLE. A truly funny picture book about what we think we want versus what we need.