Polly lives in Oregon with her husband, two kiddos, and only 3 cats. She has a Bachelor’s of Science Degree in Nursing. She is an active member of the Society of Children’s Book Writers and Illustrators, and the 12x12 Picture Book Writing Challenge.
Polly has been writing books for children for years, and has discovered a new love of creating her own digital art to go with her stories. Her style varies from heartfelt and sweet to smart and sassy. She writes picture books, chapter books, and graphic novels, and has even ventured into middle grade.
When Polly’s not cheering for her kids at sporting events, she can be found reading by the fire, writing new stories for children, and drawing with Procreate.
12 x 12
Tidbits about me...
- I’ve done a freefall twice while parasailing, but I would NEVER bungee jump. That would be too scary!
- I love cats. They’re my spirit animal. Meow!
- Our family bought a RV seven years ago and it’s made camping year-round dreamy. My dream is to travel to every state one day!
- Tulips and Dahlias are my favorite flowers.
- My favorite picture book as a child was WE WERE TIRED OF LIVING IN A HOUSE circa 1969.
- I love reading and writing books. I have discovered a new passion - illustrating my own stories!
- I cried while reading IDA, ALWAYS. Such a sad, yet powerful picture book.
- I laughed out loud while reading A UNICORN NAMED SPARKLE. A truly funny picture book about what we think we want versus what we need.